There is a very famous saying, “Athiti Devo Bhava” which means guests are equivalent to God. People of India take this saying very seriously and keeping good care of their guests. But, guests are loved by every family when coming for a short span and enjoy the stay, on the other hand when the stay is long and guests are demanding, it is nothing more than a burden. Special guest rooms are made in the house for the comfort of the guests and their easy stay. Vastu Shastra offers some guidelines for the guest room to make the area happy and the stay short. No family likes to have guests for a long time. Thus Vastu Shastra comes as a saviour for them.
VASTU TIPS FOR GUEST ROOM
Indian culture has always been very respecting of guests, even treating them at par with God. Indians welcome guests with great warmth and treat them as a part of their family only. A guest room is the place where guest stay and just like other rooms in the house, it needs to follow the right Vastu. It will help the guests completely enjoy their stay and at the same time, spread happiness and warmth in the entire house. In the absence of a guest room that has been planned according to Vastu directions, your guests can become dominating and even bother the peace and stability of your house. The article recommends some beneficial Vasthu advice for your guest room.
Vastu Guides For Guest Room
- The guest room should not be constructed in the southwest direction of the house because it is meant for the owner (Head of the Family) only.
- You can plan the guest room in the northwest direction of the house. It is a clear and suitable place for the guests to stay in your house.
- You may plan to construct the guest room in the southern direction as well. However, it will be better to consult a vastu expert before choosing this direction.
- You can place or plan the guest room at agneya corner (southeast corner) also. There is nothing troublesome with this direction.
- The door of the guest room should follow Vastu guidelines as well. Northeast door, facing east direction; Northeast door, facing north direction; Southeast door, facing south direction and Northwest door, facing west direction are the most preferred choices.
- If the guest room is situated at vayavya corner (northwest corner) or agneya corner, you can place the bathroom for this room at Nairuthi corner also, but don’t forget to take advice of an experienced Vastu consultant beforehand.
- If the guest room is situated at vayavya corner, you must provide window at northeast corner, towards the north direction, or in the west direction.
- If the guest room is situated at agneya corner, you need to keep a window at south or southeast direction. Nothing serious is observed, even if you provide window at southwest direction. As it is, the agneya corner guest room crosses the middle point of the house, so if you keep the window in the southwest direction also, it will still be alright.
- Whether you want to provide an attached bathroom with the guest room or not is entirely your choice. Vastu shashtra neither advocates it, nor asks you to avoid it.