The location of a locker room determines the material affluence of a house. According to vastu shastra, locker rooms must be idyllically located in the northern direction. Also, it’s very important to make sure the room is well protected and apt to keep jewelry and cash. This section will deal with vastu shastra tips pertaining to locker room.
Location Of The Locker
- The best location for a chest as per vastu for locker room is south.
- Do not place a locker in the north-east corner or south-west as it may lead to financial losses.
- The chest must always have its front towards the north wall and its back towards the southern wall.
- Locker or Almirah placed in the north-west or south-east corner may lead to needless expenditure.
- The locker should be minimum one foot away from the south-west or north-west corner.
- A chest must always be placed at least an inch from the wall.
- If there is a scarcity of space you can place the locker in the Eastern direction.
Vaastu Tips For Locker Room
Room – Size Shape-While looking forward to achieving the perfect vaastu for the locker room, the size and shape of the room is the first consideration one needs to think of. Ideally, locker room should be square or rectangular in shape. Odd shaped locker rooms are a strict no-no. These days, due to less space, constructors give least importance to the shape of the room. Triangular or even pentagon sided rooms are a common sight to look at. Apart from ensuring the shape room, one should also make sure that any side of the locker room is not extended. Also, the height of the locker room should not be less than that of other rooms.
Locker Direction-The location or positioning of the locker is another important consideration to make. The locker or almirah should idyllically be placed in south side of the room, leaving south-east and south-west of the room. While the locker should have its back towards the south wall, the front side should be facing the north wall. Do not place the locker in north-east corner; else it would cause loss of wealth. South-east and north-west corner are also not preferred either as it can lead to unnecessary expenditure.
Locker Placement-While placing the locker in the right direction, make sure that it is about an inch away from the wall. Do not stick it to the wall. Make sure that the locker is about a foot away from the north-west or south-west corner. If the room does not have too much of space, locker or almirah can also be placed in the east direction.
Doors Windows-Talking about the doors and windows in the room, the locker room should ideally have only one door with two shutters. While the trend these days is to have doors with one shutter, two shutters doors are considered more auspicious. Ideally, the door of the locker room should be in the north or east direction. The room should not have door in the south-east, south-west, north-west and in south direction. For the windows, they should preferably be in the east and north directions in this room.
Color Scheme-Though it might sound surprising, but colors also have a story of their own. While some colors are considered auspicious and promising, there are others which are regarded as ominous and ill-fated. Some colors bring in bountiful of riches, prosperity and wealth, there are others that bring in bad luck and misfortune. For the locker room, the color yellow is deemed as the most favorable one. For a perfect vaastu approved space, the wall and floor of the locker rooms should be done in yellow. It is believed that yellow brings in increment in wealth.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Locker room must never be under a beam.
- A locker must never be placed in a corner.
- Valuables must be kept in the southern or western part of the locker.
- The room should always be clutter free and clean.
- Hang a mirror to reflect the locker. This helps in doubling the wealth.
- A fountain with calming sound of water should be placed in the room as it can generate positive energy in the space.