Universe is one of the beautiful creation nature and everything stands alive only the limelight of truth just like every subject of human aspect is governed with rules and regulation & acts..
A. Puja Room Direction, According to Vastu
1. The best location for the puja room in the house is the north-east. If that doesn’t work for you, the north and the east corners will do too. West is permissible too, if nothing else works. However, avoid locating the pooja room in the south.
2. Try to ensure that you face the north or the east while offering prayers.
3. Don’t position the puja room under a staircase or against the wall of a bathroom — it is considered inauspicious.
4. Design the puja ghar on the ground floor of your home for best results. Basements and upper floors are not recommended for puja ghar as per Vastu.
5. Align the puja room along the north-east, east or north if you live in a north or east facing flat.
B. Puja Room Vastu Design, Direction of Idols of God & Color
6. Idols in the puja room must not face each other or the door, and they must be located in the north-east ideally, not too close to the wall.
7. Don’t use the puja space for any other purpose, and avoid too much storage here. If you must have storage options, then place cupboards to the west or the south.
8. Ensure that the puja room doors and windows open out to the north or the east.
9. Place lamps and agnikund in the south-east direction and ensure that the idols in the pooja room are not chipped or broken.
10. Use copper vessels in the puja room — it is considered auspicious.
11. Build a pyramid shaped tower for the puja space if you can, as it maximises positive vibrations. A threshold to the pooja room also helps greatly, as per Vastu.
12. The puja room door should have two shutters ideally, and preferably made of wood.
13. Avoid pictures of the deceased or paintings depicting violence in the pooja room.
14. White, light blue, yellow or other subtle soothing shades are good vastu colors for pooja rooms
Vastu Tips for Puja Room
- The pooja room should always be situated in the North, East or the Northeast side of the house.
- One should face towards East/North while worshipping.
- Ideally there should be no idols in the worship room. But if one wish to keep, the height of the idol should not be more than 9 and less than 2.
- While worshipping, the legs of the idol should be at the chest level of the person worshipping depending on the position, whether standing or sitting.
- A Puja room should never be made in a bedroom or on a wall adjacent to the bathroom wall.
- One shall not enter the puja room for any purpose without washing his legs and hands. Cleaning the feet by rubbing them against each other is prohibited. The left hand must clean them and the water must be poured by the right hand. Reared side of the feet must always be cleaned first.
In puja room, copper vessels only shall be used particularly where water is collected. Triangular pattern of any God should not be drawn in the Puja ghar. The colour of walls of puja room should be white, lemon or light blue and the marble used should be white. The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the east The Agnikund should be in the southeast direction of the worship room. The sacred offerings to the fire should be made with the face towards the east Lamp stand should be placed in the Southeast corner of the pooja room
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu of the puja room. Vastu consultation of puja room involves thorough analysis.
- Proper location of the puja room in the house
- The direction of the Entrance
- The direction & placement of the windows
- The direction & placement of the God place
- The direction & placement of the almirah containing pooja stuff
- The colour scheme of the room