Sundara Kand , is the fifth book in the Hindu epic, the Ramayana. The original Sundara Kanda is in Sanskrit and was composed by Valmiki, who was the first to scripturally record the Ramayana. Sundara Kanda is the only chapter of the Ramayana in which the hero is not Rama, but rather Hanuman. The work depicts the adventures of Hanuman and his selflessness, strength, and devotion to Rama are emphasized in the text. Hanuman was fondly called “Sundara” by his mother Anjani and Sage Valmiki chose this name over others as the Sundara Kanda is about Hanuman’s journey to Lanka.
Why one must read Sunder Kand on regular basis??
- The significance and importance of Sunderkand lie in the life lessons it provides. It can be chanted anytime in the morning or evening according to your convenience.
- Sunderkand is so powerful that reciting it in routine can help ward off evils. It removes all the negativity and obstacles from one’s life and bestows the person with happiness and prosperity. The epic is a description of how a real devotee can win over all the situations to fulfill his devotion.
- Sunderkand teaches you how one can win over every difficulty and unfortunate situation in life if he decides to do so. How Lord Hanuman crossed the Ocean in the devotion of Seeta Mata is an example that wisdom and vigour is the answer to any obstacle in life.
- Reciting Sunderkand regularly enhances the strength and determination of a person. They get mental peace that inspires and motivates them to carry out the difficult tasks of life.
- Also, it depicts that God always appreciates the devotees who have a pure heart, noble thoughts, and a clear mind. “Nirmal Man Jan So Mohe Paava, Mohe Kapat Chaal Chidra Na Bhaava.”
- Reading sunderkand regularly can help you get rid of all the obstacles and problems of your life. Reciting the verses of this tremendous help you get relief of your sufferings as well. It protects you from the malefic effects of the planetary positions as well.
- Sunderkand is known to grant the wishes of the devotees. You can enjoy the real essence of life with peace, keeping tensions at bay.
- Sunderkand plays a vital role in improving the financial condition of a person.
It protects oneself against diseases and ensures good health.
- Reciting sunderkand daily takes away all your fears. It makes you more confident, and you stop scaring from things that hardly matters in life.
- To confer moksha is the ultimate goal of one’s lives. Sunderkand is a step towards moksha.
How to Get Maximum Advantage from reading Sunderkand?
- These tips will help you grab maximum advantage from reading the epic.
- It is preferred to recite the epic in the early morning in the Brahm Muhurat 4-6 AM if you read it alone.
- If done in a group, it should be recited after 7 PM to get the maximum benefits.
- It is ideal to recite the epic with a musical group.
- One should not get up in between reciting this epic. Phones, alarms, talking, or breaks should be avoided at any cost.
- It is necessary to take a bath and wear light-colored clothes before commencing the reading session.
The greatness and power of sunderkand provide equal blessings to everyone. The name of God is like fire. Even if someone touches the fire incidentally, by chance or without having proper knowledge, his fingers get burned. Similarly, reading this epic will fill your life with happiness, prosperity, and blessings of God, even if you read in unintentionally or unknowingly.